Preheat oven to 180°C // 350°F // Gas Mark 4.
1. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Combine the ground almonds, xanthan gum and gluten free plain flour in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the beaten egg and the vegetable oil.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and bring together to form a dough.
5. If a dough is not formed, either add a little water if the dough is too dry or a little flour if the dough is too wet.
6. Gather the dough into a ball and place onto a large piece of greaseproof paper. Place another piece of greaseproof paper on top of the dough and roll the dough until it is about 5mm thick.
7. Remove the top layer of paper and cut the dough into an even number of squares.
8. Transfer one half of the squares to the prepared baking tray.
9. Place just over 1 tsp of jam into the center of each square that is on the tray.
10. Take the other half of the squares and place these on top of the jam squares as lids.
11. Wet the edges of the inside of the squares and press them together to seal in the jam using your fingers or a fork.
12. Brush the top of the sealed pop tarts with a little milk.
13. Place the tray of pop tarts into the oven for 15 minutes, until starting to brown.
14. Remove the tray from the oven and leave to cool for 2 minutes, then either transfer to a wire cooling rack and then ice or serve warm without icing.
15. Once cooled, put a little icing onto each pop tart, sprinkle with sugar, chocolate shavings or cinnamon and leave to set.
16. To reheat, place the pop tarts into the microwave for 1 minute to warm through and then under a hot grill for 1 minute to crisp up.
Another great recipe by - @RubellesMoon at http://rubellesandmoon.wordpress.com/