1 large butternut squash
1 medium-large onion
Fresh coriander leaves
1 Gluten Free Vegetable stock cube
Teaspoon of butter and 30ml olive oil
75ml double cream (this is optional but makes it creamier!)
1. Take the squash and chop off the stalk and flower. Peel off the skin with a potato peeler and then in half and use a spoon to remove all seeds. Dice up the Butternut.
2. Add the oil and butter to a large pot. Melt butter on a low heat.
3. Peel and finely chop up onion onion. Fry Soften it by frying in the pan, but don’t let it go brown.
4. Peel the potatoes and chop up to small cubes. Add to the pan with the onions, ensuring you stir them well to coat with oil.
5. Add in
the butternut squash. Stir well then cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Leave for around 10 minutes , then check that the potato has started to soften. If it has started to soften, mix the stock cube with 1 litre of water and add to the pan. Simmer gently and wait until all vegetables are soft. Should take 10-15 mins.
7. Add the cream and the coriander leaves.
8. Put in an electric blender until smooth.
Submitted By Cheryl