Recent Industry News
Camilla co founder of rude health tells us her thoughts on eating free from
1) Please introduce your company in no more than 5 words.
“Rude Health is the outspoken natural food company.”
2) Why did you enter the free from food market?
“We have always used a variety of delicious and nutritious grains rather than wheat, in our cereals and snacks.”
3) Do you think that the free from market in its entirety is well catered for?
“The gluten free market is now very well catered for, especially if you like cakes and biscuits! It’s much more difficult if you are nut-free.”
4) How many different foods do you have in your product range?
“In our free-from we have 3 cereals and 2 snacks. The cereals include rice, and pure oats. The snacks contain rice and corn.”
5) What kind of free from customers can use your products?
“All our free from foods are gluten free. They are also soya, egg and dairy free, vegan or vegetarian, and contain no seeds or nuts. We do this by keeping them simple, for example, the ingredients of puffed rice is simply “wholegrain brown rice” so it’s free from anything else, while Corn Thins, contain only corn and sea salt.”
6) Do you have a favourite recipe that that you make using one of your products? If yes what is it?
“I am addicted to Corn Thins with salsa and a bowl of beany chilli for lunch, or supper.”
7) What makes your brand stand out from others in your market places?
“We make food that you can eat, but just as important, we make food that you want to eat, again and again. You’ll love the taste and the way it makes you feel.”
8 ) Where can customers buy your products?
“In the free from sections of Tesco, Sainsbury’s and some Asda, as well as many delicatessens and health food shops.”
9) What would you like to say to Foods You Can free from customers?
“Talk to us. Tell us what you think and what you want from Rude Health. We want to know what foods you would love to eat and what foods you are frustrated about not being able to eat. Join the conversation on Twitter or Facebook, email us or give us a call.”
10) Where do you see the free from market in 5 years time?
“There will be more food for people who are free from ingredients other than gluten. It’s also possible that once the market reaches a critical mass, it will burst out of a specific section.”