Recent Blog Articles
Gluten Free Chocolate and Orange Mini Cupcakes
Written by Bunmi. Monday, March 12th, 2012
So…… Along with a group of other gluten free peops, I was set a challenge by the lovely @GlutenFreek to create a recipe. Not just any recipe, but a recipe with the main ingredient being oranges. The recipe also had to be gluten and dairy free and could not include nuts. I spent lots of time thinking about what to make and found my brain full of interesting and exciting meal possibilities.
I love a challenge and was actually planning on making a whole come dine with me style meal variation. Unfortunately due to a lack of time, I was unable to make every meal so opted for something that I knew would be quick and easy to make.
Gluten Free Chocolate and Orange Cupcakes
It’s a simple recipe that takes little time and cooks in minutes.
You’ll need the following ingredients and items-
- 120g dark chocolate.
- 120g butter (Can also use dairy free margarine or butter
- 150g caster sugar.
- 80g cocoa powder.
- 3 eggs, beaten.
- One Orange skin zest
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Silver Spoon Jelly Orange cupcake decorations
- Grease a cup cake tin, and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together on a low heat.
- Remove from heat, and stir in caster sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla. Ensuring that the mixture is stirred until smooth.
- Grate the zest of one whole orange and add it to the mixture and stir in.
- Slice the orange in half and squeeze the juice of one half of the orange into the mixture and again stir in.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cup cake tin. The mixture can make up to 12 cupcakes.
Cooking and Serving
- Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow it to cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a suitable rack or plate.
- Leave to cool before serving.
- Once cooled add orange decorations for aesthetics.
- Eat and Enjoy!